In the process of preparing to connect the Arduino to the RoboClaw motor controllers I noticed that all my fiddling with the wires (likely from a long while ago) had frayed some of the connections to on the RoboClaw. I decided to play it safe and redo those wire end/caps to avoid any unfortunate mishaps …like my short-circuit from earlier this week :/
So in watching a bunch of YouTube videos I came to realize that the volume of my recordings, from the iPhone (5), just didn’t match-up with what others were doing. In looking around at solutions to improve my audio woes I learned that decent audio gear ain’t cheap! Even a tiny mic that people like to use with the iPhone would run about $200 or so… I know… not a huge deal, but still.
So… the thought occurred to me to try to use the MacBook Pro (15″) and see how that compares. I was pleasantly surprised at the outcome, but have a look (or listen) for yourselves and let me know what you think.
That was a bit hairy for a moment… I thought that I had somehow managed to fry one of the primary RoboClaw motor controllers, which would have really, really sucked after all that effort to add standoffs to all the boards. Fortunately, the RoboClaw #1 survived… it was just my stupidity :/ …apparently.
We got through two successful tests. The first of flipping all the relays on and then off. The second test was pretty cool as we ran through each relay one-by-one. We can now say that the Arduino Uno is fully prepared to handle its duty of managing the 8 channel relay. Yay!
…on to the next mini-project. Cheers!
So I had bought a bunch of these power/electrical power bus bars to help distribute various voltages needed throughout ROVer’s chassis, but I didn’t realize how big and bulky they were from the photos on Robotshop.ca …so… I started to think of alternatives, and a breadboard is a fantastic, flexible, lightweight, solution!
So… I’m back to reviewing the electronics/board layout on ROVer as I came across a possibly great solution for mounting the two Arduino boards, but that only brought up another question mark… Before I could do so, I needed to confirm how I’m going to power them so that I can be sure that I’ve left enough room to reach the boards via USB and/or external power, etc.
Basically, the size and shape of the Arduino boards, the Arduino MEGA in particular, leave me with few options as to where I want to place them and still be able to readily access the USB ports if/when I need to.
It’s been a while, so I needed to review what the powering options and specific voltage paramters are for the various options on the Arduinos. I came across this great article on Google and thought that I would review it with all of you.