Yup… tough lesson learned. I was testing the voltage on the power module (power converter) and somehow managed to fry the board. I’m not 100% sure if it was a bad setting on the volt meter or a short circuit from contact on the underside of the board, but I think I’m going to play it safe going forward… standoffs are my friends.
I’m thrilled to have gotten my Android App working again after so long. The Android App can actually connect to the Arduino MEGA ADK board via USB and act as the “brain” for ROVer… that’s the theory, anyway.
It’s still very rough, but at least it works with the new Android Studio software (they changed it from the BETA version that I had used originally, which resulted in lots of headaches and causing me to reconsider the avenue entirely when faced with the prospect of starting over completely). I’m no App programmer, but yay… it works!
Really struggling with how to layout the components and finalize the wiring for some parts… tough to go with what works today, without fully knowing what I’ll need tomorrow.
Yay! I realize that this is a super small victory for all you brainiacs out there, but this one meant a lot to me. After 2 years of not touching ROVer, he’s beginning to show signs of life again 🙂
We successfully managed to communicate with the Relay board from the Arduino UNO via the ShiftOut module, which is pretty cool.
I decided to put this short video together as I had to create part of the wiring harness to link the shiftout board to the relay board.