ROVer is online | last fetch at :: | status:

Live Camera Feed

ROVer Robot D96: Dynamic Sensor Response Testing and a Sensor Mount Compromise, for now.

Last week we ran into the issue of how ROVer can recognize, and respond to, obstacles that he encounters that are not at right-angles to his chassis. I spent a bunch of time over the weekend thinking through different mounting options for either the forward Ultrasonic sensors or even relocating ROVer’s side IR sensors, but I came to the conclusion that it’s a problem that is best addressed in the future, after I have some more real-world testing under my belt.

So, for now, we left the sensors as they are and we’ll see how much of a problem this presents as we start with some dynamic sensor response testing in relation to an updated “Hallway” program that I put together in ROVer’s cloud-based Command Center. We don’t get far with the test that I had intended, but we do make progress in updating ROVer’s code to differentiate between certain sensor events as they relate to the programs and commands being executed.

Comments (2)

  • Avatar

    Henry

    |

    I have seen all your videos and your amazing work, and I think you can improve your robot if you use ROS, most of the issues you had encounter are more easy to work on ROS, you can add SLAM, but it will require to use a small computer (Raspi3 or better) add the sensory input to the Pi, create some nodes and packages add odometry and use many of the available ROS packages to make your robot autonomous

    Reply

  • Avatar

    Henry

    |

    I wonder if this project is still on, I would like to see your progress

    Reply

Leave a comment